We live in a troubled world, a world of many challenges. We are here on this earth to deal with our individual challenges to the best of our ability, to learn from them, and to overcome them. Endure to the end we must, for our goal is eternal life in the presence of our Father in Heaven. He loves us and wants nothing more than for us to succeed in this goal. He will help us and bless us as we call upon Him in our prayers, as we study His words, and as we obey His commandments. Therein is found safety; therein is found peace...The year 2010 was a challenging one for us. We faced trials I thought we would never have to face in this life. They were humbling trials. But as President Monson said, we are here to learn from our trials. Here are a few things I learned:
May heaven’s blessings be with you. May your homes be filled with love and courtesy and with the Spirit of the Lord. May you constantly nourish your testimonies of the gospel, that they will be a protection to you against the buffetings of Satan.
- No matter how difficult your trials are or may appear, there will always be someone in your circle who is having a more difficult time than you and another who is having an easier time than you.
- Don't compare yourself to others. You are incomparable.
- If your trials are too difficult to comprehend or deal with, go to bed early. Things will make more sense in the morning.
- Don't only ask yourself, "What am I learning from this?" but "What would my life be like if I did not learn from this?"
- Looking at the trials that others have, aren't you glad you have yours and not theirs?
- Wait. Don't act rashly. Be patient.
- Never give up. Just keep trying.
- Never stop praying.
- Never cast off hope.